2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600A8F
KAWASAKI'S VULCAN® 1600 CLASSIC DELIVERS WITH ITS BRAWNY TORQUE AND STYLING.
Abundant power and handling for demanding riders.
Following the path forged by the original Vulcan® 1500 cruiser's design, the Vulcan® 1600 Classic continues to provide riders an experience that's hard to forget. Its good looks materialize in the form of a low, sleek chassis matched with equally impressive V-twin power are without a doubt a big part of this successful motorcycle.
At the center of this exciting bike is a 95-cubic inch V-twin engine generating plenty of low-end torque and supplying the Vulcan 1600 Classic with more than enough power for just about anything its rider chooses to do. Extra power is nice for playtime, but when a plan calls for extended seat-time, the single-pin crankshaft and a gear-driven counter balancer work together to provide a comforting rhythm without those harsh vibrations.
Complimenting the engine's power is a large, 41mm telescopic fork and the stout frame, which provide maximum rigidity for superb steering feel, easy side-to-side transitions and excellent ride quality. Dual rear shocks with four-way adjustable damping deliver exceptional comfort for long days in the saddle. Cast seven-spoke wheels allow the use of large tubeless tires and wide fenders to give the 1600 Classic its tough look.
A wide, pullback handlebar, stepped seat, dual slash-cut mufflers, and a multi-reflector headlight are several of the design details that make the 1600 Classic a one-of-a-kind American classic. Features of the tank-mounted, integrated instrument cluster include an LCD screen, ignition switch, fuel-injection warning lamp, fuel gauge, odometer, tripmeter and clock.
- 1,552cc / 95 cu. in. SOHC, V-Twin
- Tuned for low- and mid-range power to deliver gutsy acceleration in the typical cruising range
- Oversquare 102 x 95mm bore and stroke helps ensure punchy response and a broad spread of satisfying power
- Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
- Uses quiet and efficient ring-type cooling fan
- Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today's lower-octane gasoline
- Dished piston crowns allow for 9.0:1 compression ratio
- Boosts low-end torque
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
- Digital control for maximum accuracy
- Produces easy starting, smooth running, high performance and reduced exhaust emissions
- Counter-rotates at engine speed to cancel vibration
- Allows use of single-pin crankshaft without the heavy vibration
- Five-speed transmission combines great around-town acceleration with relaxed highway cruising
- Just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to find neutral easily, every time
- Easy to operate and maintain
- Dual slash-cut mufflers give increased power feel
- Catalyzers built into each muffler to meet emissions regulations
- ECU controls the electromagnetic solenoid valve of the secondary air system to further reduce emissions
- Dual alternators provide enough output to power additional electrical accessories
- Uses twin 40 x 40mm square cross section tubes to create single backbone
- Single backbone accommodates larger capacity fuel tank
- Provides superb steering feedback and excellent ride quality
- Deliver first-class comfort and high stability
- Dual 300mm diameter discs and 300mm single rear disc supply abundant stopping power
- Allow the use of tubeless tires
- Large tires and wheels give 1600 Classic a tough look
- Features LCD screen and tank-mounted ignition switch
- Incorporates fuel-injection warning lamp, fuel gauge, odometer, tripmeter and clock
- Self-canceling turn signals automatically shut off after eight seconds or traveling 213 feet
- Wider fenders enhance style
- Chrome-backed mirrors are stylish and corrosion resistant
- Locking left-side cover holds tool kit and provides space for small items
- Engine: Four-stroke, air/liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder, V-twin
- Displacement: 1,552cc / 95ci
- Bore x stroke: 102.0mm x 95.0mm
- Compression ratio: 9.0:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Induction: Digital fuel injection with dual 36mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Frame: High-tensile steel, double cradle
- Rake / trail: 32 degrees/ 6.6 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic fork / 5.9 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Dual air-assisted shocks / 3.7 in.
- Tire, front: 130/90 x 16
- Tire, rear: 170/70 x 16
- Brakes, front / rear: Dual 300mm hydraulic discs / 300mm disc
- Overall length: 98.6 in.
- Overall width: 40.9 in.
- Overall height: 44.5 in.
- Ground clearance: 5.1 in.
- Seat height: 27.1 in.
- Dry weight: 675 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 5.3 gal.
- Wheelbase: 66.1 in.
- Colors: Metallic Diablo Black, Two-Tone: Metallic Diablo Black / Luminous Polaris Blue
- Warranty: 12 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, air/liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder, V-twin
- 1,55 2cc (95 ci)
- Bore and Stroke
- 102.0 mm x 95.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Digital fuel injection with dual 36 mm throttle bodies
- TCBI with digital advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm hydraulic fork; Wheel travel: 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Dual air-assisted shocks; Wheel travel: 3.7 in.
- Front Brakes
- Dual 300 mm hydraulic discs
- Rear Brakes
- 300 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 130/90 x 16
- Rear Tire
- 170/70 x 16
- 66.1 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.1 in.
- 6.6 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal
- Dry Weight
- 675 lbs
- Final Drive
- Standard; LCD
- Metallic Diablo Black, Two-Tone: Metallic Diablo Black / Luminous Polaris Blue
- 12 months; Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months